The following exercises for postpartum will not only help mothers regain slender physique but also create a strong bond between mothers and babies.
7 exercises for postpartum weight loss with your baby:
- 7 exercises for postpartum weight loss with your baby:
- Exercise 1: Impact on abs:
- Exercise 2: Impact on the legs and buttocks:
- Exercise 3: Impact on the whole body, especially the abdominal muscles, biceps, upper back and buttocks:
- Exercise 4: Impact on the hamstring, hip and back:
- Exercise 5: Impact on the belly and chin, expanding back and shoulders:
- Exercise 6: Impact on the back, abdomen, buttocks:
- Exercise 7: Impact on the hamstring and lower back:
Exercise 1: Impact on abs:
– For preparing posture, sit on a mat or mattress, bend the knees, and get the feet tucked under a heavy object. Place your baby on your lap, facing you, let the baby’s head and back lean comfortably on your lap, use both hands to hold the baby firmly.
– Lean back until you feel the abdominal muscles tightened. Hold this pose for 10 seconds, and then slowly return to the starting position. Repeat 10 times.
Exercise 2: Impact on the legs and buttocks:
– For preparing posture, lean against the wall, stand with your heels 30cm from the wall, cuddle the baby so that she look forward, her head and back lean against your chest and abdomen.
– Slowly bend your knees and slide back as if you are about to sit down; press against the wall for support. Do not let your knees bend too much and exceed your toes. Hold for 10 seconds, and then slowly stand up to initial posture. Repeat 10 times.
Exercise 3: Impact on the whole body, especially the abdominal muscles, biceps, upper back and buttocks:
– Preparing posture: place your elbows and knees on the ground; put the baby lying on her back just below you. Lower the forearms to act as the fulcrum for your elbows to be right below your shoulder.
– Slide your knees backward 30cm; keep your back straight and tighten abdominal muscles. Hold this position while singing a lullaby. Try to hold from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
Exercise 4: Impact on the hamstring, hip and back:
– Let your baby lie on her back on the carpet in front of you, spread your legs wide to the sides of the carpet, place both hands on your hips and slowly bend forward while keeping your back straight.
– Bend your body down low, tickle the baby’s feet and count to 10. Slowly return to the starting position. Strive for 5 repetitions.
Exercise 5: Impact on the belly and chin, expanding back and shoulders:
– Place your hands and knees on the ground, keep your head and back be on a straight line, place the baby on his back underneath you. Bend your back upwards and hollow your belly inwards and upwards towards the ribs. Then lower your chin to make eye contact with the baby. Hold the position for 5 seconds.
– Lift your head to look up, while bend your back downwards. Hold position for 5 seconds. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
Exercise 6: Impact on the back, abdomen, buttocks:
– Preparing posture: elbows and knees on the ground; let the baby lie on her back underneath you. Lift your left arm up until it is parallel with the ground.
– Extend and stretch your right leg straight back, parallel to the ground. Hold position for 5 seconds, and then return to the original position. Switch sides and repeat 5 times for each side.
Exercise 7: Impact on the hamstring and lower back:
– Preparing posture: sit on a mat, legs close together and straighten to the front. Lay your baby on her back along your legs; grab her with your hands.
– Slowly bend forward at the hips for as far as possible. Hold the position for 10 seconds; give the baby a kiss, then return to upright posture. Do this 10 times.
In addition to regularly doing these 7 exercises, you moms should go on a scientific diet. You had better eat enough calories, ranging from 2000 to 2,500 calories per day; this is the amount of calories appropriate for breastfeeding. If you’re breastfeeding, you will naturally reduce 600 to 800 calories every day. If not breastfeeding, try to cut down 500 calories a day. Eat in small meals and avoid junk foods. Drink a lot of water and eat more vegetables and fruits.
Wish you moms to get in shape successfully!